The Finish of a Successful Chapter 13 in Raleigh, NC
Once all of your required payments are paid, the Trustee will begin the process of closing your case. The closing process normally takes 6 to 8 weeks in the following order:
What Can I Do with Secured Debt in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
- Court Audit — This verifies that all claims filed in your case were paid correctly and all court orders were property administered.
- Stop Payment– The Trustee’s office will direct you or your employer to stop making plan payments.
- Final Report– The Trustee’s office prepares a final report for the Judge.
- Case Discharged– The judge signs an order discharging you from your scheduled debts.
- Notice of Discharge– The Court sends a notice to you, to your attorney, and to your creditors. This tells you when your debts were discharged by the Court.
- Refund– After the Court discharges your debts, you may receive a refund from the Trustee if there is money remaining.